December 11, 2011

The joy of the Lord is my strength.


There is something so precious about this season of life. I've experienced this before, when my heart has finally unclenched my tight grip, and I'm free to surrender it all. It's a tender place, when my heart is pliable. When the familiar ways of controlling my world are being stripped away from me. When I'm being called to let go from doing much, thinking much, and relying on my own self-sufficiency.

I've been learning a lot. I'm experiencing His peace. I'm finally resting, but not because what is broken has been fixed. His peace is so real in brokenness. His joy is so fulfilling in brokenness. There is freedom in brokenness. That's beautiful.

I treasure this time and will not wish it away. I can feel His breath on my shoulders. He is walking with me. Why would I ever want that to go away? So what is broken has not been made new, but I'm not waiting for that. I'm waiting for His peace to lead me and I know that His joy will be my strength.

He is stirring something new in my heart and I'm trusting Him.

No comments: