October 21, 2010

What should I be for Halloween?


Galway photos coming soon...

Fall break had its ups and downs, but I'm glad to be back in Belfast. I think it took going away and then coming back to actually feel like Lakeside Manor is home. We have been here for exactly 45 days, which means we are half way done with our semester. It's crazy to think about. There are definitely aspects of home that I miss, but I'm not ready to leave the emerald island just yet.

Ever since we all got back from fall break, there's been a shift in attitudes in the house. We all seem to actually like each other, finally. At least, we're past a certain point where we can call each other "friend" and maybe mean it. Its nice.

I've come to realize that there is so much more growth to be had here in Ireland, so the next weeks I anticipate God to really move. It's my prayer, at least. Even though I only know people here in the house insofar as they let on and the occasionally probe, I really mean it when I say that I care for them. I genuinely care, even if I don't understand them because we're so different. Personality differences should never stop a friendship from forming (with few exceptions, i suppose). It's a privilege to live with and pray for my friends here in the house. It's a shame that our time together has to end so soon, but I look forward to what God has in store for all of us. We are all in such a prime stage in our lives.

The vice president of JBU and his wife are here with us this week, it's been fun to have fresh faces in the house. It's getting really cold here and guess who didn't pack a winter coat (me). The house is always freezing, too. Next semester is around the corner and I have to start planning my classes. I'm going to be the busiest person next semester. I'm starting to apply for marketing internships for the summer as well...I think this means I'm actually growing up. It's about time ;)

2 comments:

GLB said...

I'm going to be a cowgirl for Halloween. With my favorite little baby boy dressed up as a cow. Cute right? :)

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest freaking picture ever. (:
Miss you, Suz!