January 1, 2010

Some thoughts are better off not spoken.


My 2010 New Year's Resolution:

Think more.

We all laugh when someone blurts something out, and at that moment and time it couldn't have been more perfectly said. Giving your opinion to someone who needs to hear it can be beneficiary. Verbally processing allows you to discover new perspectives as you are spewing the words out with out any thought process at that very time.

I have realized that words are very important, after all it was with words that the universe was created. Words have power.

With all this in mind, my new year's resolution is to be more intentional with my thought process, word usage, the people I choose to surround myself with, the things i listen or watch, the things I say and when I say them...etc.

I am a thinker. But, when I think usually happens after I say or do something. Working on being intentional with all that I say and do, will force me to think more.

I have come to another realization: just because you have an opinion it doesn't mean that everyone wants or needs to hear it.

This resolution is obtainable, and it will most likely be difficult for me to implement in my daily life...but I know I can do it :)

P.S. another part to my resolution: Spend one New Years in New York City before I die.

No comments: