September 11, 2012

Accept my love

Dear Lord, I love you. You are all I desire, all I hope for, all I long for. You are beautiful, good, kind, gentle, just, peaceful, forgiving, merciful and loving. To you I direct my eyes; to you I stretch out my arms; to you I lift up my heart. You are my Lord and my God.
I know, Lord, that I think about many things which keep my mind from you, look at many things which do not lead me to you and do many hings which do not bring me closer to you. I know that on the surface I am restless and distracted. But I also know that the center of my being cries out to you, even though this cry has not yet permeated all my senses. 
Accept, O Lord, my love, even when my ears and eyes, my lips and hands are not fully disciplined yet in the service of love. Accept my love as a desire to love you more every day. Amen. 
"The Only Necessary Thing", Henri Nouwen 
 

1 comment:

Elle said...

beautiful.
thinking about you there in AR suze. :)