May 21, 2012

Hello Monsoon

When it rains, it rains. This was after a huge rain/hail storm. A friend and I were braving it after the storm, jumping over huge puddles, climbing up the sides of the walls...Pretty epic stuff

Vocation. 
I was certain before I came to Nepal, 
that I was way more sure of my purpose in life 
then most of my friends who were graduating. 

Maybe I came to Nepal with a chip on my shoulder, 
thinking I knew something about God's plan for my life 
and my poor college graduate friends didn't. 

The truth is, 
I couldn't tell you what God was doing this past semester, 
what He's going to do with tomorrow
and most certainly I cannot tell you what He has in store once I graduate.

I still wonder the purpose of the past 
just as much as I wonder the purpose of the now,
and oh goodness, do I wonder what purpose holds for me in the future.

Honestly, I have absolutely no idea the true purpose behind me being in Nepal.
What I do know is that I care a whole lot about not disappointing God.
I desire to be just as faithful as He is to me, 
and I'm desperate to keep following His will.

So here I stand, 
with a struggling heart eager to know His plans,
and feeling a bit undone by His silence. 

Isn't this where we all end up? 
One way or another, 
don't we all come to a place where the future is unknown?
And aren't we all faced with the choice 
to run in circles or 
be still and know that He is God?
But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence. They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves stay green, and they never stop producing fruit. - Jeremiah 17:7-8

3 comments:

Laur said...

I'm so excited for you Suz. I'm sure it's been a beautifully terrifying journey so far, and will continue to be so. I am so encouraged by your faith and the boldness God has gifted you with. I love you and miss you, dear friend.

dbutler said...

Susan,

Reminds me of Abram in Gen 12 - God instucted him to go... with neither a clear purpose nor what was next.

Sooo... you are in good company!

Keep your eyes (mind, heart, desire) on Him who called you!

... and watch out for those puddles.

running4him said...

Hey great stuff, all of are there, or should be there if we were honest about it...