October 28, 2011

bold.


I did something bold today. I started believing in the promises for his children and praying for specific passions and desires.

I wrote out my prayer with this new boldness and spoke the truth of God's faithfulness, reminding myself of his sovereignty. God knows my heart, he knows how badly I want to please him and he has my full devotion. So why do I pray with hesitation? Why do I incessantly feel the need to remind God that it's about him, not me. Why do I assume that I could be a threat to His will?

If I truly believe that my God can move mountains, then I should pray with the positive expectation that the Lord listens and he will honor my prayers. To pray in faith that even if the Lord chooses to shape me in other ways, I can trust him with that. My God is not one who disappoints. He promises plans for my life that will prosper not destroy. I can have joy in all seasons of growth because he never gives up on me and he will never stop pursing me.

I am fearfully and wonderfully loved by a God who knows me well and cares for me. There is no comfort like that of my Father and nothing compares to his peace that surpasses all understanding.

Trust. Be faithful. Be willing. Obey.
And grow in patience.

No comments: