September 6, 2011

"You have been called to one glorious hope for the future"


Ephesians 4:1-4

"1 Therefore I, a prisoner for serving the Lord, beg you to lead a life worthy of your calling, for you have been called by God. 2 Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other’s faults because of your love. 3 Make every effort to keep yourselves united in the Spirit, binding yourselves together with peace. 4 For there is one body and one Spirit, just as you have been called to one glorious hope for the future."

The weight of conviction from this passage is all too consuming to my soul. I am called by God to lead (Greek translates "to walk") a life worthy of my calling. I'm called to humility, gentleness and patience. To love and pursue unity through the spirit, tying all loose ends with peace. For I am apart of one body and one Spirit. Wow.

Lord, Forgive me for straying from the narrow and strait gate. You are my beginning and my journeys end. Who am I to try and manipulate my life to entertain what pleases my impulsive and indulgent will? Thank you for your mercy and grace. You are mine and I am yours, always and forever.

No comments: