September 10, 2011

the weight of the world...

Then Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people. But when He saw the multitudes, He was moved with compassion for them, because they were weary and scattered, like sheep having no shepherd. Then He said to His disciples, “The harvest truly is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.” {Matthew 9:35-38}

"Thus the disciples are bidden lastly to think, not about their own way, there own sufferings and their own reward, but of the goal of their labours, which is the salvation of the church"- Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Whats more important, my desires or His harvest? The interesting thing is that as my desires are being shaped, I'm watching as my desire for Him is changing my whole perspective.

The realization of how ripe his harvest is, how many ears still haven't heard, cause a healthy conviction within me. I share in the love of the heart of my Father, therefore I can no longer ignore the call to be a labourer of His harvest. I'm seeing no hesitation within me as to what to pursue, and there is not a moment to spare to say goodbye to fleeting desires. Because reality is, Jesus is my journeys end and nothing could ever seem more pressing then His call on my life.


The desire to go is growing.

No comments: