July 7, 2011

Dear Jesus, I love you.


I'm going to fight to be the woman you desire, designed and predestined me to be. I'm a long list of characteristics that are not of your Son and I'm longing to be free from them all. No longer will I plead you to take me away from where I am, or beg You to let me start over where people can't see who I've been. Its an itch I have to refuse to scratch. I can no longer wish to run from problems, my past or my current heart state condition. I have to stay, fight with all I am to proclaim once again over my flesh, the truth of who You are and who You call your beloved. I am Your beloved. I am a daughter of the King of Kings, servant to Your Son and to the least of His. I am broken. I am saved. I am loved beyond my capacity of comprehension. God, I am no longer bound to thoughts that preach that I can't overcome my flesh, or never be free from the sinful thoughts that hold me captive. You are my God, my Redeemer and Rescuer. I am a woman of little faith, I doubt You when I have no reason to ever believe that You are unfaithful. I desire godliness. I will fight for purity of mind and heart. I will fight for my character to mirror the image of my loving Savior, Jesus Christ. Shower me with Your Grace, oh God. Feed me Your wisdom and understanding. Set my feet on Your righteous path. Search me oh God and know my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, point out anything in my that offends You and lead me along the path of everlasting life {Psalm 134:22-23}. I am Yours and You are mine. If I had no one, I have You and that is all I've ever wanted. Continue to grow Your compassion and love in my heart for the broken and lost. Teach me to be a servant, show me how to love well. Pursue me God as I fight my sin, my flesh and desires. You are my first love and I will fight to keep You there. Have mercy on me Lord. I want to know You.

Amen.

No comments: