October 16, 2010

It's my passion.

I attended the opening night of West Coast Cooler FASHIONWEEK on Wednesday night. Victoria Square shopping center's underground car park was converted into a runway, giving the show an urban and edgy feel. The collection was a mixture of the different Victoria Square stores such as, Urban Outfitters, Tommy Hilfiger, House of Fraser and Clock Work Orange, just to name a few. The best part about the show was that all of the autumn/winter catwalk looks are in stores available to public now! I was impressed with the high street looks, it really was the best combination of art and reality. All the looks were practical and inspired on lookers to get creative this fall. Brilliant show!

I was able to snatch a few photo's, and I even went and stood with the press to try and get better shots! The place was packed, so it was difficult to get any shots with out heads in the way...but I tried to be creative! I almost peed my pants when the runway started booming with my favorite music artist- Santogold. The lights, the models, the music, the clothing...It's exactly the type of production that inspires me to do what I love. This is completely my element!


No comments: