May 28, 2010

Titles are over rated....


Traffic was crazy yesterday...everyone is leaving for the lake and grocery stores were hell to get through. I went to whole foods, it was insane. Oh, how I love the olive bar! Its not wrong to spend 11 dollars on olives is it?

I read some books over the past two weeks. I recommend all of them. "Life of the Beloved" by Henri Nouwen (read that one twice), "You are What you Eat" by Dr. Gillian McKeith, and "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan. All three books inspired me in different ways.

"You are What you Eat" inspired my grocery shopping yesterday and not only eating right, but recognizing that many health problems that seem minuscule are, in fact, directly related to what we put into our bodies. Did you know that your tongue tells you how your internal organs are functioning! click here to learn more about it. Isn't that so interesting!

I was even more inspired by this new cook book I bought. Okay so maybe it's not a "cook" book. Its a book with every kind of salad you could make. I'm really excited about it. If you know me, or have seen me eat in the caf, then you know that I LOVE salad. My little sister and I want to go through the book and make every salad, kind of like "Julie and Julia" (that movie with Meryl Streep as the French cook) and then blog about it everyday on here. Ha! Maybe....we shall see.

That's not even the most exciting part about all my inspirations, I invented my own salad dressing! Its tangy and sweet. Just what I like ;) Its made with all organic ingredients and i figured the calorie and fat...its definitely less then ranch! I put olive oil, apple cider vinegar and apricot preserves together, mixed it up till it was soupy and...VoilĂ !

I need a name for my new dressing...hmmm...

1 comment:

GLB said...

I LOVE this totally trying some out with you!