October 13, 2009

Risk it all, and fall for the King of Kings


I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

This has been one of my favorite verses that I have tucked in my heart. What a beautiful prayer. The depiction of Gods forever faithful hope and peace eludes this scripture. Yet, a key component that seems easily skipped over is the "because you trust in him" part.

It's not till recently that I have personally experienced Christs peace as a direct result from the dependence and complete trust that I have placed in him. It's scary to put your trust in someone. You feel vulnerable and revealed at times. Its putting your pride behind you, and accepting where you are spiritually. Its a daily dependence. Waking up, giving the day over to the Lord and trusting that He is God and is in control.

Along with this trust, comes rest. Real rest. Peace. Your heart is consumed with love and the overwhelming sense of, "everything will be okay, God is God. And I am not" .

It took me not having a roommate to harbor my own emotion and thought with out the distraction or rather input of another party. I am left with me, my raw heart and Jesus and all his faithful promises. (Isaiah 46:4)


Nothing compares to the peace that is found in Christ and Him alone. His peace is worth the wait, the struggle, the tedious and never ending battle between your flesh and Spirit.