October 24, 2008

A new beginning


Money.
What a subject today in our society. With all that has happened on wall street lately, the issue of money in America is prevalent. As a college student, the fear of having no money or making no money once I graduate lingers in my mind. If only the gorgeous red and orange leaves that are falling from the trees on campus were green with past presidents faces on them. This is an unfortunate reality; money does not grow on trees.
Fortunatly, I serve a God of hope and peace who is clear when He says, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6
Being a good steward with my money has never been something that has come easy for me. Infact, I have struggled with that for a long time. Thankfully, I'm still young and habbits can always change; "where there is a will there is a way"-thank you mom. It's all about prioritys, if I make it a priority to keep track of money being spent and what little money is coming in, I wont every have to worry about paying another $32.00 fee. Some one once told me that If I truly wanted to change something I would. That statement bothered me, of course I want to change, but but but.
No more buts about it. It's a new begginning, and there is always room for change...ironic how that almost sounds like our presidential canidates own words.




1 comment:

Kate said...

Susan! Awesome writing!