June 12, 2012

I am blessed.




Have you ever met a person that you could only imagine the kind of crown of glory 
and beauty they were to receive in His eternal kingdom?


My time in Pokhara, especially with the Thapa family 
has left my heart full and my mind reeling. 

There were the moments when Amaa and I sat on stools outside the kitchen, 
staring at each other, barred by our different languages,
but both being desperate to communicate, "you are loved".

Those were the moments that
I experienced true love and peace, 
without any words exchanged. 

And yet, every night tears filled my eyes
 as I battled homesickness, 
all the while wrestling with the truth 
of the blessing and privilege right before me.


I came face-to-face with Christ's true servants and 
I'm anticipating nothing but glory and gifts in heaven
 for their labor of love on this earth.

Jesus must have wanted to show me more of himself and more of his love

...and I am incredibly humbled.

No comments: