April 3, 2012

Rest soul, rest...

Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? Matt 6:29-30
My name Susan means lily of the field. This verse speaks to those who are anxious and worry about their life. The lily's of the field are dressed more beautifully then a wealthy king and not by their own hands, but by the Creator in heaven. My father clothes me and he makes me beautiful, even more so then the flowers of the field. I am not to be someone who is faithless, fearful or anxious but rather called to be confident and assured. I am not to worry about life, but to seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness.

I've been asking the Lord what it is that he wants me to anticipate or expect of him. He's answered my question, "what am I waiting for?" His response to me is clear, I am to anticipate his faithfulness and goodness in my life. He will be faithful and I will see his goodness, because he is God.

So oh my soul do not worry or be anxious. He commands me to trust him and rest.

No comments: