December 1, 2011

Secret


Truth has changed my heart, given me fresh eyes and renewed my peace. It feels like God and I have a little secret and its only shared between us because only He knows the depth of me. Only I have seen how far He will go to reach me.

Depth.

I'm a babbling brook, but timing is holding my tongue. David Platt talks about Gods ultimate purpose in creation, is to make His name lifted high, glorified and known to all nations. All that He does, in and through us, is to fulfill that purpose. I couldn't see that before, but now I do and its the most satisfying nugget of truth that's ever fueled my soul. He's at work in my messes. And since I'm His little babbling brook, He's making Himself known to a lot more people, using that mess to make it beautiful. There are moments I regret that babbling brook and times that I realize....oh goodness, God you know exactly what you're doing, don't you?

There is so much to praise Him for, that it has covered everything.

And I can't wait to share it!

"I am the LORD your God,
who teaches you what is best for you,
who directs you in the way you should go.
If only you had paid attention to my commands,
your peace would have been like a river,
your righteousness like the waves of the sea."
-Isaiah 48

No comments: