August 14, 2011

Peace like a river...


This is what the Lord says—
your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel:
“I am the Lord your God,
who teaches you what is good for you
and leads you along the paths you should follow.
Oh, that you had listened to my commands!
Then you would have had peace flowing like a gentle river
and righteousness rolling over you like waves in the sea.
{Isaiah 48:17-18}

Who am I to ever doubt what God is doing in my life and how He's growing me? He teaches me what is good for me, and leads me along paths I should follow. He is the Potter and I am the clay. Who am I to tell Him how He can mold me? Or even ask to be molded into the Woman He desires me to be, but give Him conditions on who he can use or what situations in life I'm willing to be shaped by.

"The path to peace is paved with knee-prints. Bend the knee to His trustworthy authority. Surrender every part of your life and every concern of your heart to the all-powerful, all-sufficient, all-knowing Creator of heaven and earth." -Beth Moore

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts.
{Colossians 3:15}

No comments: