November 7, 2010

The reality of this song gives me chills.

Then I'll gaze upon the throne of the King
Frozen in my steps

And all the questions that I swore I would ask
Words just won't come yet

So amazed at what I've seen so much more
Than this old mind can hold.

When I finally make it home....when I finally make it home.


I understand the longing to go home...heh literally. Every now and then when I'm so enthralled by the King, a lingering tug to go to my forever home emerges. I remember the first time I felt the longing for my eternal home, it was last year and the thought freaked me out. I was praying and I kept telling God that I wasn't suicidal, but something new was on my heart. An ache for the eternal place, I will someday call home for forever was tugging at my heart. I didn't know what to do with this new feeling at first. It was also around that same time that I decided that I loved God. I remember being in high school and not being really sure if I could honestly say face to face to God, "i love you". I wanted it to be real.

I can now freely and honestly tell my Father in heaven that I love him. I really do. The kind that whenever I talk to Him, I smile. The kind that I like to remind Him of daily. The kind that gives me chills just thinking about. The kind that only He knows about. That kind of love.

I'm praying for my dear friends, family and even you. I hope someday you discover the compassion that engulfs you when you pray for others. Its contagious, and leaves you smiling because God's love for us is that infectious. Pray with out ceasing, friends. Pray for those in your life who you would rather forget and watch your heart be transformed. You won't regret it, promise.

p.s. i kind of can't wait to go home

No comments: