September 25, 2009

It's plain damn wrong.

I was so angry yesterday...A friend was in my room in tears because of what an ex-boyfriend said to her, or really what he didn't say to her. He treated her like she didn't matter, and proceeded to use her to lift himself up. She "allowed herself to be vulnerable, and shared her true feelings". The first reaction was to have this; "What an asshole!" and of course we both started to point out his flaws, "yeah he got fatter, and he was really too short for me..."

Although saying those things about that "stupid boys " makes you feel better for that split second, it doesn't fill that hurt. The next thing that came out of my friends mouth made me realize this wasn't some "asshole" we can bash about to get over him. She said, "I know that I should think I should deserve better then (boy), but I don't think so. I liked him, and he liked me back..." All of a sudden my sweet and precious friend is in tears. She explained that she sets herself up for this; "I know that I'm going to keep going back to try and get one nice thing out of him about me, its like I'm not satisfied until I hear one nice thing. And when he's feeling down he's going to come to me to make himself feel better, and I'm going to. He's going to use me."

this is when I started to get very, very angry.

It's incredible the effect that our words have on people, but specifically, you boys, what you say to girls matters! I don't care who you are, I cannot stress enough how important it is to be speaking truth to your lady friends. It's a grip Satan has on many girls that effects the way she views her self worth, her body image, how she views her success...I believe God holds you men accountable to what you say, and you will have to come face to face with the creator someday to explain the reason you dissed His most precious gem.

Girls, no man, brother, father, boyfriend or husband can fully satisfy that hole in your heart for love. Unfortunately, people will fail you. But God's love is unfailing, faithful to you at all times!

"How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can't even count them; they outnumber the grains of the sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me!" Psalm 139:17-18

Men, be careful what you say to one of Gods precious daughters! For the severity of what you say is unknown to you, but leaves lasting scars.

And its plain damn wrong.


No comments: