September 13, 2009

Into the depths...

Sacrificing Sleep for homework? No way. Sacrificing Sleep for everything else? For sure.

Does this make me a bad RA? Possibly....

Here are the Loaded questions that everyone(who I love)have been asking:

1. How are classes?
-Classes are great! So far, I really enjoy my new Communication major. We study, create theories and hypothesize over issues in culture that directly effect communication. Frankly, it is what I constantly think about and analyze about in my brain, only in books. Bottom line, it's me in my element.

2. How is being an RA?
-It's emotionally, spiritually and yes sometimes physically, stretching me. I had an intimate and real encounter with Jesus Christ within the first week of RA training. God has broken my heart for what breaks his, and the only way to explain how that feels is; an ache that every time it throbs causes me to fall flat on my face and surrender all to Him.

I stand humbled and in complete awe of the God who reigns over all. Tears have been shed, and bitter prayers cast upon the cross. In the end, Jesus has captured my heart and continues to break down barriers between us, and is slowly, but surely, filling voids in my heart.

The girls on my hall are awesome! They are so energetic, and fun loving...Although I feel at times I am not reaching every single girl on my hall, I have to remind myself, it is still the first month of school...I'm working on building a healthy, fun and safe place to live! (My partner, Caryss is a true gem and I love her!)

3. Do I have any crushes (this is for you Gen)
-As much as I struggle to keep my eyes set on God, haha. I can't help but get distracted every now and then :)...But for right now, I stand crush-less. It has been one of those times in my life where I have slowly lifted the grip on my heart, to fully and completely let God have control. I have felt completely vulnerable, but Jesus' peace is incomparable.

Overall, this semester I have grown emensly in the Lord, and who I am in him.

This is my prayer for you and I:

Ephesians 3:16-21

16 I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. 17 Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. 18 And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is.19 May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.

20 Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. 21 Glory to him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen.



No comments: