January 6, 2009

Auld Lang Syne

"Should old acquaintances be forgotten,
And never brought to mind?
Should old acquaintances be forgotten,
And days of long ago !"


I can hum the tune of the famous song that introduces the new year with confidence, but after trampling through the first line, the song becomes no longer a song as I continue to butcher it. Unfortunately, I tend to butcher many songs. I get the tune down perfectly on key, but the words become lost in the abyss of the unknown. I am not trying to sound fancy or mysterious when I use the words, "abyss" or "unknown". Seriously, I have no idea where the words come from as I, uncontrollably, throw them up, but I do know that there is plenty more where it came from.

I feel the need to say something inspirational... "It's a New Year, and a New You!"
How was that? So lets get down to business, we all know that this was coming...

New Years Resolution 2009
All Right, lets get this party started! Because these can get pretty lengthy I am compiling everything into 3 categories...

1. Mind - I will really study and focus this new year, to the best of my potential.

2. Body - I will get in shape by: working out everyday, drinking lots of h2O, eating healthy and sleeping more.

3. Soul - I will seriously commit 15 minutes everyday to God to read the Bible and Pray. I will laugh a lot more. I will get connected with a good fellowship, oh and I will laugh twice as much this year.




So there you have it, my resolutions and goals for this new year of 2009. Hey if we are going to be calling it a year of Change...then I might as well change a few things as well.

P.S. I also vow to blog at least once a week! (sorry 2008 was not good to coffee talk)

No comments: